All-on-4 – Wayne, PA
A Permanent Way to Rebuild Your Entire Smile
Have you lost all of your natural teeth on one or both arches? If so, you may have looked into replacing them with dental implants. After all, a full denture can usually be secured onto an average of six to eight of these posts, making it more cost-effective than replacing each individual tooth with its own implant. Unfortunately, not every patient is a candidate for traditional dental implants. At Wayne Family Dentistry, though, we might be able to give you a complete smile again thanks to All-on-4. With just four strategically placed dental implants, you can enjoy a full denture that looks, feels, and functions just like real teeth. To learn more about the benefits of All-on-4 in Wayne, PA, contact our team today!
Why Choose Wayne Family Dentistry for All-on-4?
- Partnered with Local Dental Implant Specialists
- Serving Wayne Families for 20+ Years
- Transparent Prices with Dental Financing Options Available
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
Dental implants replicate the root structure of missing teeth, allowing them to provide stability, longevity, and chewing function that conventional dentures (and dental bridges) cannot. However, they do require a strong jawbone for support. If this is not feasible for you, then All-on-4 dental implants can help.
With All-on-4, your implant dentist in Wayne only needs to place four implants in the jaw to provide ample support for the prosthetic. These posts are inserted at strategic locations, with the two implants that are located toward the back of the mouth positioned at 45-degree angles. This allows the implants to take advantage of the available jawbone density without the need for a bone grafting procedure.
After the implants have been placed, a temporary denture is secured on top to ensure that you never have to go a day without teeth. Over the next several months, the implants fuse to your jawbone, creating a powerful and lasting foundation. Once this process – known as osseointegration – is complete, our dentists will secure metal abutments on top of your implants and anchor your final, personalized denture into place.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
Most adults who are missing all teeth on an arch are good candidates for All-on-4, even if they don’t qualify for traditional dental implants in Wayne. A lack of sufficient jawbone density is no longer an issue with All-on-4 since the implants are placed in such a precise way. If you’re debating whether to undergo bone grafting, know that All-on-4 is an effective alternative.
You will also need to be in generally good health, commit to keeping up with a daily oral hygiene routine, and abstain from tobacco. Otherwise, there’s a chance that your implants could fail.
Benefits of All-on-4 Implants
Our patients love All-on-4 for the numerous benefits the treatment provides:
- You cannot remove the prosthetic yourself, so it remains in your mouth at all times. This enables you to brush and floss just like you would with natural teeth.
- The implants will prevent your jawbone from shrinking over time as it would normally after tooth loss.
- You’ll enjoy improved chewing power, so you can eat a variety of nutritious foods with ease.
- Your new pearly whites won’t slip around like regular dentures do.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
All-on-4 may not seem that different from a traditional implant denture, but there are a few key differences:
- Implant dentures can require as many as eight implant posts, which can make them more expensive than All-on-4, which only requires four.
- All-on-4 typically doesn’t require bone grafting. Waiting for the graft to take can extend your treatment time by several months.
- With All-on-4, it’s possible to receive your denture on the same day as your implant placement.