April 8, 2019
When you are standing in line at the grocery store, do you ever glance at the magazine stand and wonder how the celebrities on the covers have such perfect teeth? Well, chances are they have porcelain veneers!
Veneers are not just for the rich and famous. If you are unhappy with flaws in your smile, porcelain veneers may be the right dental treatment to rejuvenate your appearance. Say goodbye to chipped, stained or misshapen teeth and say hello to the new, confident you with porcelain veneers in Wayne!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin, porcelain sheaths that are bonded to the front of teeth to dramatically improve the aesthetic appearance of a person’s smile.
Before the placement procedure, a very small amount of enamel must first be removed to account for the added thickness of the veneer. The custom-designed porcelain sheath is then applied to the top of the tooth and secured using a light-sensitive resin and special curing light.
Porcelain veneer treatment typically requires several trips to the dentist, including the initial consultation and placement procedure.
What Dental Flaws Can Veneers Fix?
While veneers cannot replace missing teeth or address oral health problems such as tooth decay, they can correct a wide range of common dental imperfections, such as:
- Discolored teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Worn down or undersized teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Misaligned, misshapen or uneven teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
What are the Benefits of Dental Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a popular cosmetic solution because of the following benefits:
- Natural aesthetic – Veneers have a translucent quality similar to natural enamel. This allows them to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile
- No discoloration – Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains from coffee and other dark foods and drinks
- Immediate results – After the placement procedure, you can immediately leave the dentist’s office and return to your normal daily schedule with your new, improved smile
- Long-lasting solution – With proper care, porcelain veneers can be trusted to last 15 to 20 years
Am I a Good Candidate?
You may be a good candidate for porcelain veneers if you have one or more of the dental imperfections listed above and you also:
- Have good oral health
- Have sufficient tooth enamel
- Do not grind or clench your teeth
- Practice good oral hygiene
Ultimately, choosing the right cosmetic treatment for you will depend on your personal smile goals, and any decision should be made in consultation with a cosmetic dentist in Wayne.
The celebrity smiles you see on TV or in magazines are not out of reach for you! Take the first step toward achieving the beautiful smile of your dreams by talking to a dentist today.
About the Practice
For over 20 years, residents of Philadelphia’s Main Line communities have turned to Wayne Family Dentistry to achieve the beautiful smiles of their dreams. Their four knowledgeable dentists have the expertise to offer a wide range of cosmetic services, including porcelain veneers. To learn more about cosmetic dentistry solutions or to schedule an appointment, visit the Wayne Family Dentistry website or call 610-688-4578.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.