October 14, 2019
Having aligned teeth and an even bite doesn’t just look better, it also improves your oral and overall health. For most people, they invest in Invisalign because they want to be able to love and be confident in their smile, but for others, that’s not always enough to invest in the modern orthodontic treatment. What people don’t realize is that they’ll be able to enjoy just as many health benefits as aesthetic ones once the treatment is complete. Read on to learn about five health benefits of straight teeth.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern orthodontic treatment that eliminates the use of metal brackets and wires to straighten teeth. Without sacrificing your professional image and comfort, these smooth, clear, plastic aligners will gently and strategically shift your misaligned teeth into their ideal position. Over the course of several months, you’ll visit your dentist routinely to pick up your advancing set of trays and wear them for about two weeks at a time. Once you’ve completed the treatment, you may need to wear a retainer for a set time determined by your dentist. This will keep your smile looking beautiful and healthy by ensuring that your teeth don’t shift back into their original unsavory positions.
5 Health Benefits of Straight Teeth
Making an investment in yourself can be a difficult action to take if you’re not used to being treated to routine self-care. Yes, it’s true that Invisalign aligners straighten your teeth to improve the appearance of your grin so you no longer have to feel embarrassed by it. What many people don’t consider is that there are countless health benefits to having straighter teeth and an aligned bite as well. After your Invisalign treatment, you’ll also be able to enjoy benefits such as:
- Easy Cleaning. Teeth that are crowded and clustered can create hard-to-reach nooks and crannies in your mouth. These areas accumulate harmful substances like plaque and tartar that provide the perfect environment for bacteria to thrive in. With straighter teeth, you’ll easily be able to clean each of them more thoroughly.
- Healthier Teeth and Gums. A cleaner mouth means you’ll have healthier teeth and gums. That means you’ll be reducing your risk of developing conditions like dental decay and gum disease.
- Less Dental Wear and Tear. If you have an uneven bite, chances are, certain teeth are doing more work than others. That means they’ll wear down faster, causing issues like gum recession to develop. Straightening your teeth and fixing your bite problem will ensure that you won’t have to worry about this happening.
- Improved Speech. Your teeth play a very important role in the way that you talk. Gaps and crowding can cause you to have difficulty pronouncing certain sounds. Once your Invisalign treatment is over, your speaking ability will be improved!
- Better Overall Health. Common oral health problems like gum disease have been linked to heart problems, stroke, kidney disease, and even Alzheimer’s. With better dental hygiene, you’ll be able to improve your overall wellbeing.
Every Invisalign treatment is different, and at your initial consultation, your dentist will walk you through what your timeline will be like and how your mouth will improve over the course of it. That way, you’ll be able to know when you can enjoy all of your health and cosmetic benefits.
About the Practice
At Wayne Family Dentistry, we offer the skills of four dentists who are experienced and knowledgeable. They offer comprehensive care, including a variety of cosmetic services, like Invisalign, that improve the look and overall health of your smile. Each of our dentists is dedicated to providing patients with long-lasting results that they can enjoy for their lifetime. For questions or to schedule a consultation for Invisalign, visit our website or call 610-688-4578.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.