Direct Bonding – Wayne, PA
Quick Results For A Fully Restored Smile
If chips, cracks, stains or small gaps between your teeth have you avoiding the camera and social gatherings at all costs, Wayne Family Dentistry wants to help. We know it can be difficult walking around with a smile you’re not proud to show, but the good news is that with direct bonding in Wayne, you can have a fully restored smile in one visit to our dental office! Not only is direct bonding safe, but it’s affordable and long-lasting. Beautify your smile with this fast and effective treatment solution. Call to schedule an appointment with us today!
What is Direct Bonding?
Direct bonding is the process of using tooth-colored composite resin to hide imperfections that appear on your teeth. These can include:
- Stains or discoloration
- Chips or cracks
- Gaps between your teeth
- Changing your tooth’s shape or length
- Protecting your exposed tooth root that is the result of receding gums
Although it’s used for a variety of reasons, the most common is to fix chipped or cracked teeth.
The resin used is shaped and sculpted by your cosmetic dentist in Wayne to improve the appearance of your smile. Once the material is shaped according to you and your dentist’s liking, a curing light is used to help the resin bond to your natural tooth.
What Are the Benefits of Direct Bonding?
- Affordability: Direct bonding a much more cost-effective option for a patient looking to improve their smile.
- Quick Results: If you’re taking a long lunch break, you can walk in imperfect teeth and walk out with a brand new smile. Direct bonding occurs in just one appointment, so there’s no need for multiple appointments.
- Simple Procedure: Unlike porcelain veneers that require more enamel to be removed from your teeth, direct bonding only requires a minimal amount of enamel removal and often requires no anesthesia.
What to Expect During Your Appointment?
When arriving for your appointment, you can expect one of our dentists to begin by applying a natural, tooth-colored composite resin to any areas that are damaged or missing enamel. Then, the resin will be shaped accordingly so that it matches and blends seamlessly. This will mask any imperfection and make it nearly impossible for anyone to notice you’ve had work done. Once the material hardens with the use of a curing light, we will finish your treatment with a polish.
Direct Bonding Aftercare Tips?
Once you receive your new smile, you’ll be surprised to know there is very little required in order to keep your bonded teeth healthy and clean. Simple brushing, flossing, and rinsing will ensure your teeth remain in good shape, but there are some useful tips to make sure they last as long as possible. These include:
- Avoiding foods and/or drinks that can cause staining.
- Kicking the habit. Smoking increases your risk of gum disease, which can impact the direct bonding treatment if the tooth becomes loose or falls out.
- Try not to bite your nails or chew on ice, pencils, or other hard foods, as it can chip the bonding.